Wednesday 1 August 2018

Minion


This piece is a follow-up to 'Villain'. I recommend you read that first. :)

*

She is everything I wish I could be.

Powerful, intelligent, daring - and a complete psychopath.

I always watch from the sidelines: only a lackey in her eyes, providing her with a drink if she asks for it, waving a fan by her face if she is tired. I don't do much apart from serve her. When I'm not serving her or watching her through the television screen, I nibble on biscuits and sleep in my shabby bunk bed. I suppose being a servant has become my purpose - my image, just one mindless fanatic among hundreds. But I don't mind it. I don't see myself as a slave. Instead, I'm a dedicated follower of someone I believe in.

Those who once knew me would be shocked to see me staring at an image of the woman herself, tearing victims to smithereens with her bare hands. I stuff biscuits in my mouth like popcorn at the cinema. I shouldn't find it so entertaining, and yet I do. I suppose I'm just fascinated by the fact she can commit her crimes so easily, without regret or guilt.

I'll probably serve her for the rest of my life, and I'm okay with that. I can only hope she won't get bored of me and cut me to pieces like the rest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023: How the F*** Did We Get Here?

I've been contemplating how I might write this post; what I would even talk about, after so long of not touching my blog, or not even at...